Felix "Pewdiepie" Kjellberg, by far the most subscribed Youtuber in the world, has lost the backing of the Disney owned Maker Studios, over what has been termed offensive jokes in some of his recent videos.
"On Monday, TIME was told Disney was cutting off relations with Kjellberg".
"We've made a decision to cancel the release of Scare PewDiePie Season 2 and we're removing the PewDiePie channel from Google Preferred", the spokesperson said, referring to the advertising service for engaging and brand-safe content.
The Journal said PewDiePie has posted nine videos which display anti-Semitic jokes and Nazi references since August.
With 53 million subscribers, Felix Kjellberg - or "PewDiePie" - is one of the most popular filmmakers on YouTube.
In fact, 78 percent of his viewers are younger than 20 years old, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The video is still available on PewDiePie's YouTube channel.
Syrian opposition want Geneva talks on political transition
Syria envoy Staffan de Mistura, speaking in Italy, said he would apply the agenda laid out in a U.N. Muslit, however, said the opposition had yet to receive an agenda for the upcoming negotiations.
The entertainment giant had a partnership with Kjellberg through Maker Studios, the video production division that it bought in 2014 for $675 million, and folded into its entertainment division past year. Google had previously removed ads from some of the videos.
Shows by viral sensation "PewDiePie" have been dropped by Disney and YouTube over a video in which he paid two men to hold up a sign that read "Death to All Jews".
One such video showcased a man who was dressed as Jesus saying things like "Hitler did nothing wrong".
In a blog post shared on Sunday (February 12), Kjellberg wrote that in his videos he "was trying to show how insane the modern world is". Kjellberg has insisted that his point was to critique of the absurdity of an internet service (in this case, he used Tel Aviv-based Fiverr) to get someone to say or do something so outrageous for just $5.
Kjellberg also went on to defend his content in a blog post last weekend, saying it should be considered as entertainment "and not a place for serious political commentary".
In a Tumblr post dated February 12 that addressed the January 11 video, Kjellberg conceded that " these jokes were ultimately offensive, " but insisted he was " in no way supporting any kind of hateful attitudes.
"Twitter Inc. briefly suspended his account previous year after he posted a profile picture that could be viewed as obscene", Bloomberg writes.