Middlesbrough: Agnew refuses to concede to drop fate

Posted April 07, 2017

Hull City kept alive their bid to avoid relegation after coming from behind to beat Middlesbrough 4-2 in the Premier League on Wednesday and pile more pressure on their beleaguered rivals.

Their supporters chanted "City are staying up", and although safety is not certain, it felt like a defining moment at the foot of the Premier League, more so in the case of Agnew's team, ...

A remarkable evening at the KCOM stadium saw Hull take a 3-2 lead into half time, after going 1-0 down thanks to a goal from Alvaro Negredo.

The Tigers are chasing a fifth home win in six under head coach Marco Silva and if the Portuguese can extend his unbeaten home league run as manager to 40 matches, his side's momentum could prove decisive in their fight for survival.

Maguire's diagonal ball was crossed first time by Grosicki from the right and with Valdes stranded, Hernandez steered home his fourth league goal of the season.

Andy Robertson's deflected cross in from the left caused confusion in the Middlesbrough defence and after Hernandez had seen his effort from close range blocked, Markovic followed up to poke the ball into the net. To score the goal early on, from that goal we got carried away with the emotions of the game.

Britney Spears Concert Delays Labor Party Election in Israel
The site reports that the decision was made in order to "make it easier" for party members to reach polling stations. Britney is performing in Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park for the first time ever on July 3 - so it's clearly a big deal.

The hosts heaped the pressure on Middlesbrough and a mistake by central defender Ben Gibson resulted in Hull taking a deserved lead.

Boro were stunned and needed some invention to get back in the game and Rudy Gestede almost provided that but he saw his header tipped onto the crossbar by keeper Eldin Jakupovic. With nothing to lose the Teessiders pushed men forward and they were soon creating further chances.

Boro's attacking intent was rewarded in first-half stoppage-time, albeit in hugely controversial circumstances due to Marten De Roon heading in from a clearly offside position.

There was initial confusion over whether the goal had been given as referee Michael Oliver went to consult with the linesman.

Middlesbrough: Valdes; Barragan, Ayala, Gibson, Husband (Guedioura 58); Traore, Clayton, de Roon, Downing; Negredo (Bamford 71), Gestede (Stuani 80).

Hull did go two goals clear again with 20 minutes remaining as Maguire snuck in at the far post to head home a free kick from Robertson.