Sunny skies, hot temperatures expected through the midweek

Posted May 18, 2017

Increasing clouds are expected Tuesday leading up to a thunderstorm in the late afternoon, forecasters say.

The National Weather Service reported humidity levels at about 84 percent around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

Partly sunny skies are expected today, along with winds that could gust as high as 31 miles per hour. South wind 5 to 10 miles per hour.

Wednesday, that 20 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms remains after noon, with highs expected to reach near 65. Some storms may be severe. Cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind 8 to 10 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.

Risk of flooding could be possible for some low lying roads and surfaces as heavy rainfall will struggle to soak into hard, dry ground.

WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. The high temperature is likely to be around 90, the weather service said, and south winds could gust as high as 30 miles per hour.

HTC Pitches The U 11 As The Next Big Smartphone
The rear camera is a 12MP UltraPixel 3 unit f/1.7 aperture, optical image stabilisation, a dual-LED flash, and 4K video recording. The latest teaser about 360 "real-life" recording was an apparent reference to the 3D Audio Recording capability in the phone.

Tuesday Night. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66 degrees. South wind 5 to 11 miles per hour.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m.

Friday: Mostly sunny and a high near 88 with a low around 70. South southwest wind 11 to 16 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 29 miles per hour. A front moving south into our humid gulf air will provide lift for showers during the weekend, especially on Sunday. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Thursday night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. There's a chance of precipitation in the evening, with rain likely after midnight. The day should also be accompanied by calm winds and a marginal chance of precipitation.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1 p.m. Partly cloudy Monday, high around 90.

Recently in Research