YouTube finally hands down punishment to creator for posting dead body video

Posted January 12, 2018

YouTube said in a statement that it has removed Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred, which presents top YouTube videos.

Now Google is also planning to spend extra efforts vetting those videos as a response to advertisers who expressed concerns about the content in the videos as well as Paul's video, Bloomberg News reported.

It all started after a popular YouTuber - Logan Paul with over 15 million subscribers posted a video of an apparent suicide victim shot at Japan's Suicide Forest. YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner.

Now, there are two ways YouTube could proceed after handing down Paul's punishment: the company could consider the situation handled and do nothing further, or we could see YouTube instate new community guidelines or rules that pertain to this incident.

Paul posted the video with a man's body on 31 December, triggering widespread criticism.

He can be heard giggling as the camera lingers over the corpse, but is later seen looking shocked while wearing a bright-green Toy Story hat.

Paul also had projects in the works with YouTube's premium subscription service, YouTube Red, and appeared on the platform's web series "Foursome".

Teacher removed from school board meeting in handcuffs
Hargrave, her school, Puyau, Fontana, and the city marshal's office did not respond to BuzzFeed News's request for comment. Teacher Deyshia Hargrave spoke up during public comment and said, "You're making our jobs more hard ".

Additionally, Paul received a strike from YouTube.

Google Preferred is the company's premiere advertising platform, and removing Paul from it means he won't make as much money from monetizing his YouTube videos as he previously did.

YouTube initially issued the video a "strike" for violating their terms of service, but have now made a decision to take a more drastic set of actions against Logan Paul.

Paul later apologised for the clip, which was viewed more than a million times before it was taken down, saying it was "wrong" and "misguided".

The general public along with celebrities and politicians further demanded that YouTube take a different course of action when dealing with Logan Paul, which resulted in yet another statement.

YouTube responded to the accusations several days later after the initial video was uploaded. On Tuesday it published an "open letter to our community" on Twitter, which stated: "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it be a driving force for views".

YouTube has initiated a series of actions against popular vlogger Logan Paul following his controversial video that depicted a dead body hanging from a tree in a so-called "suicide forest" situated in Japan.