McArthur appeared by video in a Toronto courtroom this morning where the new charge was announced but no victim name was immediately provided.
McArthur was arrested January 18 and charged with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the disappearance of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen, who went missing from the Gay Village in 2017.
Police will provide an update to the public this afternoon, where they are expected to announce that they have identified additional remains unearthed from planters that were used by Mr. McArthur in his landscaping business.
Det. -Sgt. Hank Idsinga, the lead investigator in the case, will be on hand at today's news conference, which will be held at 1:30 p.m.at Toronto police headquarters.
McArthur was already facing charges in the murders of Toronto residents Dean Lisowick, 47; Soroush Marmudi, 50; Majeed Kayhan, 58; Andrew Kinsman, 49; Selim Esen, 44 and Skandaraj Navaratnam, 40. He says police also plan to investigate 75 properties linked to McArthur starting next month.
Alleged victim Majeed Kayhan has not yet been identified.
Liverpool sweat over fitness of Salah for Merseyside derby
Liverpool have an important Merseyside derby coming up against Everton on Saturday, which would help them cement a top 4 finish. Klopp has a raft of injuries to contend with ahead of the short trip to Everton for the 231st Merseyside derby.
Police also released a forensic rendition of a man believed to be one of Mcarthur's victims, and said they're still trying to identify him.
Police officers suggested he had just left, the relative said.
Faizi's vehicle was found a short distance from the house McArthur used as storage.
Bruce McArthur has been charged with the first-degree murder of Abdulbasir Faizi. She said his vehicle was discovered six days later just around the corner from a house where human remains were recovered in planters in midtown Toronto.
In the wake of escalating questions about the investigations into the disappearances of the missing people from Toronto's Gay Village, the Toronto police board voted unanimously last month to commission an external investigation into how the force conducts missing-persons probes.
"We've quite frankly never seen anything like it", Idsinga said. The two middle-aged men were reported missing in 2017. McArthur was questioned around the time Toronto police launched Project Houston, sources have told the Star.
Since his arrest, questions have been mounting about past interactions between McArthur and police, following revelations that police questioned him in 2016 in connection to an alleged assault on another man but was let go.